Who can participate
We are all capable of overcoming our inner obstacles. Men and women, of all nationalities, GOV GAMES is a chance for you to work together and achieve the impossible. Hurry-up and join the team bonding experience! We look for team players to put their strengths together. Are you good at strategic thinking and decision making? Are you physically fit and ready to take on demanding challenges? Then your team is waiting for you.
All teams should take into consideration the following:
Each team consists of a minimum of 5 players. There is also an opportunity to add two substitutes to total 7 players per team.
All players must be employed for a minimum of 3 months by the participating government entity.
Participants can be of different nationalities.
Professional athletes can't be from outside the government employees.
Must be a legal resident of the United Arab Emirates.
Participants should 18 years and above.
Must be in good health and capable of participating in strenuous athletic activities.
Must be able to cope with extreme conditions.
Free of any existing or recurring injuries.
The teams can be mixed or male gender.
Team name can represent a company or an organisation, provided they are current employees and present NOC from the company.
Government employees can register in a community team however they will not be able to compete for with their government entity.
The participating entity should assign a team manager who will be responsible for the following:
- Register team on GOV GAMES Platform
- Ensure all team members register their personal details correctly and according to the specified timeline
- Responsible for all communications with the event organizers, including but not limited to registration and event questions on behalf of his/her team
- Ensure that his/her team collects their correct sports attire from the specified stores within the specified timeline and ensure they wear them during the competition
- Must attend the orientation and draw proceedings
- Ensure that his/her team arrives to the site and checks in on time for the competition
- Always represents the team and will be responsible for advising the relevant officials of substitutions, appeals and any other required communication
- Responsible for the conduct of his/her team throughout the entire competition
- The team manager must be a 'non-competing' team member
One player is assigned as the team captain, and his/her tasks are as follows:
Responsible for your teams conduct and morale throughout the event
Responsible to make strategic decisions regarding which team members will participate for which obstacles
Responsible to ensure your team is on time for each obstacle briefing according to the rules
The team captain must be one of the 'competing' team members
Required Mental Agility
- Ability to work as one team in harmony
- Tactics and strategic thinking
- Ability to solve problems
- Communication and coordination skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
Required Physical Agility
- Running capacity (1 km in a minimum of a 6 min time)
- Physical/Full body strength
- Ability to balance
- Ability to swim
- No fear of heights
All team members should be free of:
- Heart disease
- Chest pain when exercising
- Blood pressure disorder
- Any pain in the bones or joints
- Any feeling of dizziness or fainting during excessive movement
- Any physical ailments that may lead to a serious physical exertion